Why use saved views
Pipeline page views can be created so that the application only loads the required dataset to the users local device, therefore optimising the subsequent loading performance of the page.
Using saved views, also hides irrelevant data from the user's screen.
How to create a view
- Go to the Pipeline page
- Select the drop-down list (by default marked "All Deals") in the top-left of the menu bar
- Then select "Create View"
- A window will appear with different options for the Pipeline grid view
- In the filter deals tab, users can deselect unnecessary Pipelines, Stages or Owners from their chosen view. Unselected options will not be loaded in the Pipeline grid and will therefore reduce the required processing power
- The show columns tab let users add or remove columns by selecting the relevant tick box. Upon the initial load of the saved view, only the selected columns will appear in the Pipeline grid.
- The groupings tab allows for users to set columns as a basis of grouping deals. Multiple columns can be used to group and further subgroup deals.
- Finally the view needs to be named before selecting Save
Note, Additional columns and grouping options can be done on the fly by using the "Columns" drop-down list and "Add Grouping" button in the Pipeline page. Unselected filters however cannot be changed while using the saved pipeline view.
add or remove columns
How to use Custom Filters
Columns outside the given Pipelines, Stages, or Owners can be used to filter the deals in the saved view.
- First, the user must go to Data & CRM Settings in the Setting module
- Scroll down to the "customer report filter" setting
- The user can select a field from the CRM to use as a filter in the saved Pipeline view and a filter in the Insights graphs
custom report filter
additional filter in the saved Pipeline view
Once a custom report filter is saved and synced in the Settings, it will appear as an additional filter in the create view window. This allows the user to select the Pipeline deals on the grid based on items in the custom report filter field.