How it works
- Create a "number of months" deal field in your CRM - we call this the Duration field
- QuarterOne will then spread deals values evenly across multiple months from their close date based on this Duration field.
- Result - single deals can be split across several months. Perfect if your want to break-down a licence or retainer agreement into monthly fees without creating several deals. This is also very useful if you want to split large projects into monthly milestones.
Note - even when deals are automatically spread evenly across months, Manual override adjustments can still be made to deals using the Pipeline Grid page in QuarterOne.
If you'd like to spread deals across months using some unique or custom logic, such as spreading with a ramp-up period or using other input fields, please let us know. We're happy to look at your requirements and see what we can do to help.
How to do it
Step 1 - Create a custom field in your CRM
Note this is only necessary if no equivalent field already exists in your CRM.
HubSpot - Creating a custom field in HubSpot CRM
- Login to HubSpot and go to Settings -> Properties -> Deal Properties -> Create Property
- Set property type to a "Number" field.
- Set other property fields (name, description) as you wish. You can give the field whatever name and description you wish. Many customers use the names "Duration (months)" or "Length in months" for example.
Pipedrive - Creating a custom field in Pipedrive
- Login to Pipedrive and go to Settings -> Customize fields -> Add deal field
- Set field type to a "Numerical" field.
- Set field name to whatever you wish. Many customers use the names "Duration (months)" or "Length in months" for example.
Step 2 - Map this new custom field to QuarterOne
Once you have created a custom number field in your CRM, it must be mapped to QuarterOne's Duration field.
- Log in to QuarterOne and go to Settings -> Assistant -> Adding New Deals to QuarterOne
- Apply the field created in Step 1 (above) to the Optional "Duration" field drop down
- Click "Yes, all deals" to re-spread existing deals. Or click "New Deals Only" to apply to apply spreading to future new deals only.